We Saw a Problem.
For lawyers, there are multiple ways to learn how to draft a contract or a complaint, to practice family law or criminal defense. But what about the other skills – the ones that people don’t talk about? Things like:
- Best practices for capturing and billing time
- Effective use of a legal assistant
- Managing stress during your first years in legal practice
- Understanding the workings of a law firm
- Factors to consider when starting your own firm
- What does ____ practice area really look like?
- Where do I start when changing practice areas?
Through JD Mentor Workshops, we want to help you understand all of these topics, and more!
So We Created a Solution.
As attorneys with more than 10 years of experience each, we understand the challenges that those entering and growing within this profession face. We are experienced enough to have developed a certain perspective on these challenges, yet “young” enough to remember how it feels to be a “baby lawyer.” Having each founded our own practices, we are also familiar with the challenges of starting a practice and developing new areas of expertise.
It is these unique perspectives that gave rise to the vision for JD Mentor. We are growth-minded individuals, and we both love to share our experiences in the interest of helping others. Supporting and encouraging others comes naturally to us. We each have a passion for assisting lawyers find the tools they need to build healthy practices. We dream of a profession that, instead of allowing new lawyers to feel inadequate, supports them through the transition. We envision a legal community that speaks openly about the challenges of practice and shares ideas freely in support of fellow lawyers, both new and experienced.
If this sounds like the way you’d like to practice law, you’re in the right place.
What does this mean for you?
If you’re a new lawyer, overwhelmed with all there is to learn…
Or if you’re a more experienced lawyer and feel unsupported in the things you want to accomplish…
We want to help.
We are currently offering several unique workshops, and are working to develop more to help a wide variety of lawyers advance throughout their careers. We would love for you to join us for an honest discussion of some of the challenges of advancing in the legal profession. At a JD Mentor workshop you will learn, share, and perhaps most importantly, feel less alone as you grow in your legal career.
What to do next?
- To join us for a workshop, please select from our current offerings.
- Remember to sign up for updates to stay informed as we add new courses.
- And if you have an idea for a course that we are not currently offering, we would be happy to customize a workshop for your organization. Please contact us to discuss what you have in mind.
We can’t wait to meet you!